If you can dream it, you can do it.
/Walt Disney/

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Bright Diagonals Baby Blanket


Today I want to show you this blanket crocheted in traditional granny stitch but in diagonal way. It is easy to work and aah... so lovely result, isn't it? The colour inspiration came to me from this Ripple Blanket. Thanks Sher! ♡


For the main colour I took Dune (Big Value by King Cole). From the bottom left corner to the top right corner of the picture above the colours are: Turquoise, Apple, Sunshine, Candy, Matador, Plum. These all are Stylecraft Special, except of Robin for Apple and Patons FAB for Candy. All yarn are acrylic in DK weight. The hook I've crocheted with is 5mm. Last time I don't use the 4mm hook for that weight yarn. With a larger hook the blanket turns out more loose and airy. I like it! As well it's more quickly then with a smaller hook  :)


For the border I made 3 rounds:
Rnd 1::  3dc in each ch3-space; for the corner - 3dc, ch2, 3dc.
Rnd 2:: (dc, ch, dc) in each space betwee the 3dc groups; in corner space - dc, ch, dc, ch2, dc, ch,dc.
Rnd 3:: 6dc in the corner, (sc in next ch-space, 5dc in next ch-space) - repeat.

My sister ordered me this blanket to make a present for her friend's baby.
Click here to find the pattern
 how to crochet the granny diagonals (corner start granny square).

See you soon!
Have a wonderful day!
 Olga

Link parties:

13 comments:

  1. I am also a great fan of the diagonal granny! I have even used it to make scarves and shawls - I recently used it to make an infinity scarf, have just finished a shawl and am almost done with a blanket for a commission. Your colours are absolutely spectacular - I love the way the grey makes the brights pop - very striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zelna! I also made cowls in diagonals. You can see one of them in my shop: https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/129537041/womens-multicolor-crochet-cowlinfinity?

      Delete
  2. Never seen this before! I Love the diagonal stripe! Thanks!
    X Talitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love the diagonal granny stripes!!! I have to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. такое яркое получилось. Очень красивое сочетание цветов. Ты молодец!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olga! This work is spectacular! I love it!
    I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it!
    colors and pattern! you are a great artist!
    Congratulations and kisses from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on the ripple- so funny, I'm reading your blog and loving your AWESOME diagonal ripple and then I see someone name Sher inspired the pattern and I thought how cool - another Sher, so I clicked your link and it was ME!!! You have totally made my day! To be an inspiration is a dream - Hugs - Sher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sher! It was really funny! I can imagine how you were pleasantly surprised!
      Xx

      Delete
  7. Thank you all for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, this blanket is so pretty and colorful. You did a great job making this. I saw it on crochet happy link party.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful!! I like the diagonal stripes, good idea (thanks for the link!) and you implemented it perfectly with this wonderful color-mix :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous blanket! I love the gray with all the colors!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! I'm answering usually through e-mail. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips