If you can dream it, you can do it.
/Walt Disney/

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lacy Baktus wip

Lacy Baktus wip


Sometimes I'm knitting. So now it is time to knit lacy baktus scarf. I had one ball of variegated yarn and I've decided to make a one-ball-project. This yarn is so soft, I would never said that it is acrylic, but it is. Patons Smoothie DK and 3,5mm knitting needles. About the baktus scarf. It is a triangular scarf knitted in the garter stitch. It could be worn either for women and men, even for kids. I've started with 4 stitches and I make increasing by one stitch at the only one edge in every 8th row. I'm making increasing until I will spent a half of a ball of my yarn. I just weigh my ball time to time while I'm knitting untill I will see the half of the initial weight of the ball. So when I see it I'm starting to decrease one stitch in every 8th row on the same edge of the scarf where increasing was.
You can see all my baktus scarves I made before here.
     Have a wonderful day!
              Yours Olga                 
                     ♡
P.S. It's my first time I'm writing from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, which I received for my BD.


Added a few hours later: I found a big mistake while I was knitting the scarf at the evening. I had to make increase(and then decrease as well) in every 4th row instead of 8th, as I said. So I had to redo most of what was made. Kisses....

7 comments:

  1. It looks pretty. I've got some Patons DK Smoothie and it is a beautiful yarn but a little bit splitty I find.
    xXx Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. такие классные цвета! Очень понравилось. Я тоже иногда редко вяжу шарфики :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olga, I've made two of these and I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing. Your yarn choice is lovely and you have beautiful items in your Etsy shop.

    Best,
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2013/05/karens-carnival-scarf.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sheila! I love your scarves as well! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super beautiful!! ♥ I love these "simple" scarfs, one really have to knit one from time to time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your baktus! I made a lacy crocheted baktus once, and it is one of my favorites. I hope all is well with your scarf. Did you have to frog the whole baktus?
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I frogged 3/4... But I'm Okay because I don't like any mistakes in my work :)

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments! I'm answering usually through e-mail. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips