If you can dream it, you can do it.
/Walt Disney/

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Two More Capes!

Hello! How are you doing?
I enjoyed doing my Spanish poncho, about which I said  here, so I made ​​two more of them! 
But I still have not decided what to call them correctly - poncho... cape... capelet... cloak... mantle... I don't know!



This time I used a thinner 100% acrylic yarn, it is Stylecraft Special Chunky for black cape in Black color

 
 and Sirdar Bonus Chunky for red cape in Signal Red color

These yarn I usually buy on-line at Deramores. I adore this shop! ♥ because it is very fast delivery, pleasant prices for the yarn and for the shipping too.
The hook I used is 8mm. Yarn total used is 200g for each cape.
And below is the graphic pattern

and description:
The total amount of starting chain must be a multiple of 4.
I started with chain 72, joining  in ring with a slip stitch.
Round 1: Dc, ch 1, skip 1 stitch. Repeat till the end.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, ♥Sc in ch-1-space, 7 Dc(shell) in next ch-1-space - repeat from ♥ till the end. Join with slip stitch in first Sc.
We have 18 shells of 7 Dc.
Rnd 3: Ch 3(as Dc), ch2, Dc - in same stitch where you joining Rnd 2; ch 2, Sc in 4th Dc of shell, ch 2; ♥cluster(Dc, ch 2, Dc) - in Sc between the shells, ch 2, Sc in 4th Dc of shell, ch 2. Repeat from ♥ till the end. Join with sl st in 3rd ch in beginning of round.
Rnd 4: Sl st in ch-2-space of cluster, ch 3(as Dc) and 6 Dc in same cluster, Sc in Sc of previous rnd, ♥7 Dc in next cluster, Sc in Sc of previous rnd. Repeat from ♥ till the end. Join with sl st in 3rd chain in beginning of rnd.
Rnd 5: Sl st across to 4rd Dc of shell, ch1, ♥Sc in 4th Dc of shell, ch 2, cluster, ch2. Repeat from ♥ till the end. Join with sl st in first Sc.
Rnd 6: Ch 1, Sc in same st, 7 Dc in next cluster, ♥Sc in Sc of prev rnd, 7 Dc in next cluster. Repeat from ♥ till the end. Join with sl st in first Sc. 
Then continue to work repeating Rounds 3-4-5-6.
To finish with Round 4 or Round 6, where work 9 Dc in shell, instead of 7 Dc.
If you wish to make your cape more flared to bottom - the last four rounds make with a hook one size larger. Hang the fringes.

It is all about capes today!


All the best for you, my dear readers!
Olga
☼☼☼

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this pattern!

    I am planning to make it for myself, in future. Therefore I have linked your pattern on a page in my blog, so as to be able to find it again quickly. I hope that you are okay with that. You can find the link here: http://muppetbailey.blogspot.nl/p/haakpatroontjes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! I'm answering usually through e-mail. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips