If you can dream it, you can do it.
/Walt Disney/

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Alisha's Summer Hat

 One day I noticed that I needed to make a few cotton hats for my daughters. Here is one of them for my younger daughter.
 
Alisha's Summer Hat 3

A description of the hat.
 The head circumference of my 2,5 years old girl is 48cm.
The size of the finished hat: is 21cm in width, and 17cm in height.
The yarn I've used is 100% Cotton DK by Patons UK (210m/100g) in Nectarine color.
And a 4mm hook.

 Ch 4 join in the ring with a slip st
Rnd 1:  12 DC in the ring
Rnd 2:  2 DC in each st around
Rnd 3:  (DC, ch 1, DC) - in every 2nd st around
Rnd 4:  4 DC in each ch-1-space around
Rnd 5:  Cluster(2 DC, ch 1, 2 DC) - in the middle of each 4-DC-cluster
Rnd 6:  *(2 DC, ch 1, 2 DC) - in ch-1-space, 1 Treble in the space between the clusters, repeat from * around
Rnd 7:  *(2 DC, ch 1, 2 DC) - in ch-1-space, 2 DC in Treble - repeat from * around (84 st)
Rnd 8:  *(2 DC, ch 1, 2 DC) - in ch-1-space, 1 DC in each of the next 2 DC between the clusters - repeat from * around
Rnd 9-16:  As Rnd 8
Rnd 17:  Sc in each st around(84 st)
Rnd 18:  *6 Sc, ch-3-Picot - repeat from * around. Fasten off, hide the ends, attach a lovely flower and enjoy your girl's new hat!

How I do a Picot: Sc, ch 3, slip st in the sc (insert hook through the front loop of sc and left vertical bar of the same sc).

The lovely flower pattern I found here.

Also a graphic pattern of the hat, where it is missing, hehe, Round 17. You should do sc in each st around in that round.


Alisha's Summer Hat graphic pattern


Alisha's Summer Hat 2

Alisha's Summer Hat 1
My beautiful girl does not like to wait while I'm doing enough pictures...
Alisha's Summer Hat_flower 1
Flower. Unknown Lithuanian cotton.
Alisha's Summer Hat_flower 2
Without a camera flash...
Alisha's Summer Hat_flower and edging
Picot edging
I hope everything is clear... I'll be very glad if you share with me your hat made ​​with the pattern! 


I wish you all a sunny day!
With l♥ve
 


Spring Dandelion




6 comments:

  1. I hope I have the right translation: Alisha is sincerely. Lovely little girl. Her hat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá Soleil, tudo bom ?
    Seus trabalhos são lindos e delicados, além de criativos. Em especial a African Flower Hexagon Bag - perfeita combinação de cores. Adorei !

    Bjs
    Valeria Allão

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love that little flower. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on a hat right now, and it is not working out. I will probably try a different pattern, since I do not wish to go out and buy a lighter weight yarn...

    Your daughter is adorable, and I know that look all too well, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Which round does not go? At what point?

      Delete
  5. I love your wire bracelets, well actually your whole blog...am just getting into the blog scene.....and loving it. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! I'm answering usually through e-mail. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips