If you can dream it, you can do it.
/Walt Disney/

Monday, September 17, 2012

Tiny Squares Small Bag and Granny Stripe Set

   A tiny square small bag was completed for a short time and already presented for my daughter's friend and I almost forgot to take pictures...  :)) I've done them just before we were leaving our home to go to the birthday party.

Tiny Squares Small Bag 3

My lovely smiling Anastasia!

Tiny Squares Small Bag 2

Tiny Squares Small Bag 5

Stylecraft special DK acrylic yarn and a 4mm hook.

Tiny Squares Small Bag 8

Tiny Squares Small Bag 4

Tiny Squares Small Bag 7

Tiny Squares Small Bag 12

Tiny Squares Small Bag 6

The strap. 5 dc in a row.

Tiny Squares Small Bag 10

Tiny Squares Small Bag 11

The wooden beads for a more fun!

Tiny Squares Small Bag 9

Work in progress. How it was.

Tiny Squares Small Bag wip2

As I wrote earlier I was fascinated by tiny colorful squares from Franciens Haakwerk blog. So the first two rounds I made as it described in the blog above. In 3rd round in white color I made 2dc, ch1, 2dc as a corner, then dc in each of next 6 st, etc. The 6 completed squares I joined with a slip stitch to make 2 rectangles. Then for both rectangles I made a border in hdc in each stitch(in back loops only) along the 3 sides and with 3 hdc for the 2 bottom corners. Then I joined together rectangles with sc. Then I attached the strap and made final border round in sc for a sides of the strap and for a top of the bag.


   A few weeks ago I made this set of  Granny Stripe Headband and Mittens. My daughter was a model, but the set also is a present for her another friend. I'm so happy that I have the ability to make different crochet things for presents!

Granny Stripe Headband 1

Again Stylecraft Special DK acrylic yarn and a 4mm hook.

Granny Stripe Headband 2

Granny Stripe Headband 3

The pattern of the headband is here.

And the mittens!

Granny Stripe Mittens 1

Granny Stripe Mittens 2

Granny Stripe Mittens 3

Granny Stripe Mittens 4

Granny Stripe Mittens 5

My very happy daughter would love to have the same mittens and the same headband. And of course I will make these as well as for for her little sister.

It's all for today!
I'm very glad to see new followers of my blog. Thank you!
Have a wonderful week!
Till next time......
Olga
with love Xx

I'm linking at Crochet at Biegonvilliev
Did you make that?
The Crochet Boulevard here and here
Craftionary
Petals to Picot
Western Warmth
Annemarie's Haakblog
Равлики

9 comments:

  1. The bag is very sweet, I also really like the headband and mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Очень cute изделия!!! Ты просто замечательная мастерица на все руки! И доча у тебя такая симпатичная моделька :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely!! Cute little lady with cute accessoires :-)). Do you have a link for the mittens pattern maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nata! I've used this tutorial of Rainbow Mittens: https://thegreendragonfly.wordpress.com/2011/08/07/rainbowmitts/
      But instead of plain dc I work 3dc-clusters.
      :)

      Delete
  4. You made a lovely bag with the little grannies, I think she will be very happy with it in this bright colors. byebye Francien

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's so bright and cute! A cheerful Birthday gift indeed:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see craft ideas from other bloggers, always so inspiring!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Как красиво! Сумочка - восторг! )

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! I'm answering usually through e-mail. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips