If you can dream it, you can do it.
/Walt Disney/

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A New Project... Granny Rose Pillow

  Instead of  finishing my current project (a simple square blanket for my son) I started a new one... haha... It's a beautiful Granny Rose pillow. I found it's Crochet-a-Long on the Apple Blossom Dreams blog. And I have done first week's assignment - the roses. Here they are...

Granny Rose week 2

My choice is acrylic DK yarn Stylecraft Special in Citron(1st from left on the picture above), Fondant(3rd), Pomegranate(4th) and Spring Green(the last) as well as King Cole Gentle Touch in Burnt Orange(2nd) and Robin in Cordial(5th). I've bought all this yarn in my favourite on-line yarn shop Deramores  UK located .

Granny Rose week 2

Granny Rose week 2
 
Granny Rose week 2

Granny Rose week 2

Granny Rose week 2

I've a little bit changed the original pattern of rose's petals that's way my roses are more lush. On the next picture you see orange original rose and the rest are in my edition.

Granny Rose week 2

I was struggling with the first rose but then I got used to it! Hurray! All 16 roses are completed! My pillow will be 4 by 4 squares. Today I'm going to start making The Leaves(Week 3). I'm so excited and I can't wait till I finish my post!!  :)
I hope I'll show you soon a progress of my simple-square-blanket-for-my-son. All the 30 squares in 9 rounds are done and I should join them and make a border. I've chosen the joining method and I've no idea about a border... So, see you soon! And I'm going to crochet The Leaves!

A sunny day to all of you!
With love and  a good spring mood
Olga )*

4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so colourful and bright, they look wonderful. I can't wait to see the next step. I think your finished pillow is going to be beautiful.
    xXx Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited too!! It's so springy so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To sew the roses in form it is not so easy. Nederlands: de roosjes in vorm naaien is moeilijk. Weet ik uit ervaring.
    Deze zijn goed gelukt en de kleuren maken me vrolijk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous roses Olga.....and such pretty colours. Hope you enjoy making the rest of the CAL granny rose cushion.....I love it
    Carole :-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! I'm answering usually through e-mail. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips