If you can dream it, you can do it.
/Walt Disney/

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Square Blanket. Progress.

 Some time ago I've decided to use a most part of my yarn stash... Therefore I had an idea to make a blanket for my youngest son. After some unsuccessful attempts my choice has fallen on the plain and simple granny square in 9 rounds. I wanted bright and saturated colors mostly, so I took Top Value DK acrylic yarn by James C.Brett (dark turquoise, orange, yellow, light turquoise, dark red, royal blue, red, dark pink, peach, lilac, lavender) plus Craft Baby DK in pink color by Kirkton House, once bought at ALDI store. In the process of making a blanket were used up some of colors -  royal blue, peach, dark pink. I'm always happy when ends any yarn skein! 

Simple Square Blanket_1

Simple Square Blanket

Simple Square Blanket

Simple Square Blanket
 
So I've finished all my squares and I've started to join them with as-you-go-method in black color(Craft DK by Kirkton House). This yarn is a little thinner and I took a 4mm hook. The squares I made with 4,5mm hook. In the joining round I do my dc-clusters  between the stitches. The clusters alternate 2 dc, 3dc etc... and I do them between the stitches of last square's round.

Simple Square Blanket_joining 1

Simple Square Blanket

Simple Square Blanket

Simple Square Blanket



I like how it turns out! What do you think? 
See you soon with another little project. :)

With l♥ve
Olga
soleil


Editing 24th of August:
Here you can see the finished blanket.

3 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful ! You did a very beautiful job and the joining with black in granny stitch is amazing and makes the whole blanket a piece of art! I should join with black ...you inspired me :) Thank you Olga for this sunshiny post !
    Kisses
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I come by your place is dancing with a joy of happy colors :) Hope you will never run out of optimism (and yarn...)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have used the colors, never knew the saturated colors and blank would look so good together ! Happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! I'm answering usually through e-mail. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips