If you can dream it, you can do it.
/Walt Disney/

Friday, February 8, 2013

Crochet Heart Buntings


Crochet Heart Bunting 1

 Valentine's Day is coming soon and searching the web there is a lot of beautiful heart projects. 
Of course I couldn't resist against the hearts and made a few heart buntings.

Crochet Heart Bunting 5

Crochet Heart Bunting 2

I found the Itty Bitty Crochet Heart Tutorial for the first bunting. 
For the original pattern I've added two sc(US terms) rounds: 
first is in the same color and the next is in white color. 
I made these two rounds on back loops only.

Crochet Heart Bunting 6

Crochet Heart Bunting 4

For the thread I made ch 35, then sc in the top of right half of the heart, then ch 5, 
then sc in the top of left half of the same heart. 
Between the hearts I'm working ch 10, then again as above: 
sc in the right top, ch 5, sc in the left top, etc. 

Crochet Heart Bunting 3

My(actually not mine, it was presented to one nice lady) bunting contains 9 hearts in different colors of acrylic chunky yarn. I've used a 5,5 mm hook. The similar heart garland I made last year and I really really like it and therefore it adorns our fireplace almost all year with short breaks for Christmas and other holidays. But now our fireplace is empty because it waiting for a new triangle bunting which is finished and (in its turn) is waiting for the photoshoot. I  hope I can handle with all that very very soon.  :)

 And now about another heart bunting. 

Granny Heart Bunting 1

It was my first time making Granny Hearts. 

Granny Heart Bunting 10

Granny Heart Bunting 4

And now I love them much more then previous hearts! 

Granny Heart Bunting 5

Granny Heart Bunting 3

The basic pattern is here. But I changed it a bit: in the 2nd round instead of each ch 1 which is between the 3-dc-clusters, I made dc(US terms) in the second dc of 3-dc-clusters of previous round. 
Accordingly in the 3rd round the 12-treble-shells goes in these dc.

Granny Heart Bunting 6

Granny Heart Bunting 9

 For the thread I used the same method, ch 20, sc in the right top, ch 9, sc in the left top, 
ch 10 to the next heart, etc. 
The same chunky acrylic yarn and a 5,5 mm hook and a lot of enjoyment! 

Granny Heart Bunting 8

These hearts are more bigger then previous and I love them so much! 

Granny Heart Bunting 7

On the photo above shown the process of making photos. Yes... yes... 
I am standing on the table. :)
So enjoy the making hearts! It is easy! It is pleasure! And it is a lovely result for your home 
or for a gift...
About my big big blanket... hurray! it is finished! It is so huge! The biggest one I've made so far! So colorful and so warm! And waiting for a sunny day to be photographed... 

Take care
~Oga~ 

13 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I know what I'm making today! Thank you!
    Would you mind if I made some for my shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! Create! I'm happy if my description is useful. But please note that the original patterns of these hearts are not mine. :)

      Delete
  2. Красиво получилось. Так празднично. Молодец!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olga! These are my favorite heart things so far this V-day! VERY CUTE AND THE COLORS ARE FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Kisses from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,just came for quick valentine heart search and find you,glade I did.I love so much your version of granny heart,it looks beater and neater to me,off to make it =o).Happy Valentines!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for the nice comments! Спасибо! I'm glad you liked my creation!
    Happy Valentine! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful! I love the hearts garland with the white edge! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi olga, i love your granny hearts! thank you for sharing, i ve tried to read the pattern but i dont understand this part: "I changed it a bit: in the 2nd round instead of each ch 1 which is between the 3-dc-clusters, I made dc(US terms) in the second dc of 3-dc-clusters of previous round.
    Accordingly in the 3rd round the 12-treble-shells goes in these dc.", could you please help me to explain more details? thanks a lot.




    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Obrigada por compartilhar! Fiz alguns e ficaram ótimos! Bjosss...

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi, i just can't get my itty bitty hearts to look as pretty as yours. Could you possible share the pattern for the 2 sc backloop rows (e.g. how many ch, sc, sl st into which ch)? Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I can't tell you exactly how I was doing this sc row, because I don't have this bunting, it was presented. Only I can remember is 2sc in same stitch on each top of the heart. And (sc, ch, sc) in same stitch for the bottom point. In remaining stitches work sc. Also between the left and right tops you have to work a slip stitch. Hope it will help you. ♡

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments! I'm answering usually through e-mail. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips