If you can dream it, you can do it.
/Walt Disney/

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Granny Stripe Shrug

 Today I received a yarn from Pavi Yarns online shop. This yarn is for my bolero finishing, do you remember my post about it? The yarn I bought is merino wool Cygnet Superwash DK, so the Cream color(shown on the picture below) is a little different(more yellow) from the Cornish color of Rooster Almerino DK which I've used making bolero. Although I'm happy! I will make a border completely from the new yarn and I'm thinking it will be nice.


   As well I have one more thing to talk about - it is my new warm Granny Stripe Shrug. My inspiration came from here. The yarn I found in my still a large stash. It is Nako Angoramatic 35% Mohair/65% Acrylic yarn I bought in Latvia last summer while I was there on my holidays. For edging I used a black 100% mohair whose age is approxomately 25 years. Can you believe it? :) My mom bought it when I was a young schoolgirl, and a few years ago my mom presented 3,5 skeins to me. :)


With a 4mm hook I made chain 174 for beginning.




In second row I made 3 dc clusters in each third stitch and ch 1 between them. So I did until I have enaugh my yarn. By the way I had 3 clusters till the end of the row and my yarn was over... I continued with black.





The shrug is very warm! I could say it is as well soft... but no... the yarn is a bit "biting" especially the black.

Yesterday I finished my youngest girl bolero which I will show you soon. Now is a time I have not any projects on the go except for a big-big blanket called A Granny a Day which I'm not crocheting a long time. I'm a little tired of this grannies. Now I'm thinking about my new project.

Have a nice week!
See you soon...
With love
Olga

I'm linkihg at Friday Fun Party and Features to Craftionary
The Crochet Boulevard

3 comments:

  1. And again another nice shrug. Love the colours!

    Groetjes, Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing shrug. Love it! Thanks for linking up at Friday Fun Party.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Оля, шраг - умопомрачительный! Ооо, я после твоих фотографий загорелась :) Какая же красивая штучка!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! I'm answering usually through e-mail. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips